Hanau (dpa/lhe) - The trial of the violent death of two children will continue this Wednesday (1 p.m.) in the Hanau district court. After the father of the siblings, who was accused of two murders, initially took responsibility for their deaths, another questioning of the man is expected - whether he will comment is considered open. Subsequently, the mother of the siblings, who appears as a joint plaintiff in the process, could also be heard as a witness.
The public prosecutor accuses the Indian of having killed the seven-year-old girl and the eleven-year-old boy on May 11 last year insidiously and for base motives - to punish his wife, who after a separation no longer wanted to see him. He is said to have previously exerted pressure on his wife, including threats of death against her and the children. "My action is inexcusable, I deeply regret it," said a statement read by his defense attorney at the beginning of the trial. However, the public prosecutor did not see this as a confession "in the narrower sense" because the man had not admitted the allegations in detail.
On the day of the crime, the man is said to have observed the mother getting on a bus to go to work. Then he is said to have watched the time in front of her apartment door when his children wanted to leave the house and go to school. The man is said to have pressed his little daughter onto a bed in the apartment, cut her in the neck with a sharp object and injured her so badly that she died. The son is said to have witnessed the act, fled to the balcony of the apartment in mortal fear and jumped down. Passers-by found the child with serious injuries on the ground in front of the house. He died a little later in the hospital.