The BBC discovered that nine staff members have been admitted to hospital with lead poisoning as a result of their work at an indoor shooting range.
In the meantime, Double-Deuce Firing Range in Walsall remains closed. None of the patients treated appear to be suffering from life-threatening diseases.
According to the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA), it is currently inspecting a recent change in ventilation at the building.
Double-Deuce is currently closed and no one has been available to comment.
BBC was told by a source that the first patient had experienced abdominal pains. He also had high levels of lead in the blood.
Additional cases were then filed. Some have been prescribed succimer which lowers lead levels in the blood.
But, severe lead poisoning could be fatal if it binds to your skeleton for decades.
The City Hospital in Birmingham confirmed that nine patients were treated at the poisons unit.
Double-Deuce employees wear masks while sweeping up debris. However, it is possible that the lead was inhaled by staff while instructing clients how to shoot.
Additional staff members and family members will also be tested.
The UKHSA stated that some of the staff had worked there for a long time but are now showing symptoms.
Dr. Naveed Syed from UKHSA West Midlands said that those who work in firing ranges or are regular shooters are at greater risk of lead exposure.
It could be inhaled or ingested, or absorbed through skin contact. It could also be carried home on clothing, he said.
Dr Syed stated that there is no safe level for lead and that any exposure poses a risk to your health. He also said that prolonged exposure can increase the likelihood of elevated blood lead levels.
Although rare cases, chronic lead poisoning symptoms can include:
These symptoms should be reported to your GP or NHS 111 immediately.
Source: UKHSA/NHS Inform
Follow BBC West Midlands via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram Send your story ideas to: firstname.lastname@example.org