Arrest warrant issued: Asylum seekers from Eritrea with no criminal record

After the bloody knife attack on two elementary school students in Illerkirchberg, Baden-Württemberg Interior Minister Strobl visited the scene and warned against propaganda against asylum seekers.

Arrest warrant issued: Asylum seekers from Eritrea with no criminal record

After the bloody knife attack on two elementary school students in Illerkirchberg, Baden-Württemberg Interior Minister Strobl visited the scene and warned against propaganda against asylum seekers. The suspect Eritreans has not yet noticed the police. Now he has to be in custody.

After the attack on two schoolgirls in Illerkirchberg near Ulm, in which one of the girls died and one was seriously injured, an arrest warrant was issued against the suspect. According to the police and prosecutors, the 27-year-old is accused of murder and attempted murder. As the investigators announced in the afternoon, the man did not comment on the allegations during the demonstration in the clinic, where he is due to his own injuries. The 27-year-old from Eritrea is now in a prison hospital.

The man is said to have attacked and seriously injured two girls on the way to school on Monday. One of the victims, a 14-year-old girl, later died at the hospital. The autopsy showed that the 14-year-old bled to death after stab wounds. The police found a knife on the 27-year-old that could have been used as a murder weapon. In the morning, the public prosecutor's office had already announced that the alleged perpetrator was invoking his right to refuse to testify. A spokesman for the public prosecutor's office in Ulm said that the man from Eritrea had never been noticed by the authorities for violent crimes. He was only caught once as a fare dodger and otherwise not known to the police. The 13-year-old is still receiving medical care, her mental situation is difficult, the spokesman said. In the meantime, the girl had learned that his girlfriend had been killed. The 13-year-old was injured so badly that there is also suspicion of attempted murder in her case.

The suspect was still in the hospital with serious injuries under police guard and operated on for hours. After the crime, the man fled to a refugee shelter, which he is said to have come from before the attack. According to the information, there were two other men from Eritrea who took the officials to the office. It was initially unclear whether they could provide information about what was happening and the possible motives of the 27-year-old. The two men are now free again. The suspicion against the two men has not been substantiated, said the spokesman for the public prosecutor's office. A knife had been secured as a suspected crime and is now being investigated. "Now the public prosecutor's office and the police are investigating why the two girls were attacked and whether the suspect and the two girls knew each other beforehand," the authorities said.

According to the Interior Minister of Baden-Württemberg, Thomas Strobl, there is no evidence of a political or religious motive. The background to the crime, in particular the motive, is still unclear, Strobl said during a visit to the crime scene. Literally he said: "At this point I would like to say very clearly: We have no knowledge of a political or religious motivation for this crime." Several AfD politicians responded on Monday that an asylum seeker was considered a suspect. The CDU politician called for prudence. "This event must not be a reason or a justification for hate and hate speech," Strobl continued. "This crime must be solved with all consequences. The perpetrator must be punished with all consequences. That will also happen."

Baden-Württemberg's Prime Minister Winfried Kretschmann also opposed hasty conclusions. "I can only warn against making any connections before the crime is even cleared up," said the Green politician in Stuttgart. The state government takes the moods that are sometimes stirred up seriously, which is why the interior minister, for example, also drives to the scene. Kretschmann did not want to see a connection with the upcoming refugee summit in Baden-Württemberg. First of all, it is a terrible act in the life of the students. "We feel especially with the relatives." The surviving student was shocked and probably affected for her whole life.

According to the Ministry of the Interior, the girl killed has German citizenship and a Turkish migration background. The Turkish ambassador called for a complete investigation into the attack. The act had greatly unsettled the Turkish community, said Ahmet Basar Sen, who visited the crime scene with Strobl. "Who is that? Who did it? Will it be cleared up?" These questions must now all be clarified, the ambassador assured his support in the investigation.

Yorum yapabilmek için üye girişi yapmanız gerekmektedir.

Üye değilseniz hemen üye olun veya giriş yapın.

NEXT NEWS