A 56-year-old is shot dead on the street in Frankfurt. The police are looking for a suspect with a large contingent. The officials cordon off the crime scene over a large area, and a subway station is also closed. The background to the fact is still unclear.
According to police reports, a man was killed on Monday evening in the Rödelheim district of Frankfurt. Accordingly, the 56-year-old was shot on the street. Two shots are said to have been fired beforehand. The police are now looking for the suspect with a large contingent.
"We are working at full speed," said a police spokesman. A special task force (SEK) was requested for support. The search lasted all night. So far, however, no suspect has been arrested.
Between 8 p.m. and 9 p.m., residents in the area around Hausener Weg and Schmittener Straße heard gunshots and found the injured man on the sidewalk. The man died on the street from the gunshot wounds. "An attempt was made to provide first aid, but the person died here on the street," said a spokesman, according to a report by the "Bild" newspaper.
Officials cordoned off the crime scene. The subway station Hausener Weg (U7) was also closed. Police said there was no danger to the public. "We have no indication of a dangerous situation here," said the spokesman.
Further details and background to the case as well as a possible motivation for the crime are still unclear. However, all indications are being followed, the spokesman said. The police are currently investigating in all directions.