The Tennis world-ranked Ashleigh Barty will not compete at the US Open in New York. As the Australian said on Thursday, in a communication to the news Agency AAP, it will miss the previously held tournament has been moved from Cincinnati to New York. As a reason for their decision, Barty stated their concerns, to travel in view of the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic.
The decision you've made together with your Team. "I love both tournaments, so it was a difficult decision. But there are still considerable risks due to Covid-19,“ said Barty. You feel uncomfortable, yourself and your Team to the suspend. A decision on the participation in the French Open and the clay court tournaments in Europe, it announced for the coming weeks.
Bartys cancellation is the most prominent for the US Open, the 31. August 13. September are planned under strict hygiene rules. Whether the Grand Slam tournament to pay, given the high Infection in the United States is actually held, to decide in the near future. The actually for the end of may to beginning of June, the scheduled French Open will 27, from. September will be rescheduled. Barty had taken in Paris last year, her first Grand Slam title.
The women's Tour is set to start next Monday with the WTA tournament in Palermo again. The world ranking Second, Simona Halep had cancelled their participation last. Also, a Start-up the Romanian at the US Open is considered to be uncertain. The best German player Angelique Kerber and Julia Görges are not on the entry list for the from Cincinnati to New York, and relocated the women's tournament.Updated Date: 30 July 2020, 06:20