Then came the decision with PostNord.
- As you can see, had the municipality not have the right to make demands about how a citizen can get paid his money.
so begins Stonna, there is kontanthjælpsmodtager in Assens Municipality, a mail to the nation! on the rare letter she just received from Ankestyrelsen, after having read about Stonnas money-problems have straksbehandlet her complaint over the municipality's withdrawal policy.
Stonna is - as you may have read here on the nation! - been hacked so many times, that she has lost confidence in the banks.
And so has she since the month of July are asked to have his cash benefits paid in cash. But it would the municipality in the first place is not.
But the decision - which is also sent to the Stonnas municipality - turns ankestyrelsen now settled that a municipality cannot make a claim to incapacity benefit is payable to a citizen's NemKonto. And that, consequently, the payment of social assistance in cash.
- Thank you for the support, writing Stonna, who got his incapacity benefit paid in cash, since she lived in the Municipality of Svendborg, but has lived of his parents ' savings, since she moved to Assens.
Unfortunately for Stonna, the municipality has chosen to interpret Ankestyrelsens decision in a way that means that she can't get his cash on the Citizens advice bureau. They have referred her to a bank in Odense 40 kilometers away.
- And it will take me seven hours on my elscooter to take in, say Stonna, and the nation! therefore on Stonnas behalf asked Assens Municipality, whether it is correct. And that is what I think:
- Since there is talk about a personal case, I can't comment on the specific case. I speak, therefore, in general, is the answer to the nation!, when the municipality is asked whether it is true that Stonna need to another municipality to get its cash assistance cash:
- Public benefits, of which social assistance is one of the benefits is usually paid to the an Easy account.
- there Are citizens, who have difficult to get set up an account in a financial institution, we will really like to help them with it.
- In the Act on public payments, it says that 'persons over 18 years who is assigned a social security number, and which is not registered on the departure of Denmark, must be assigned an account (an 'Easy-account)' which public services can be paid for'.
- Ankestyrelsen have now taken the decision that another provision in the aktivloven makes you as a citizen still may choose not to have an Easy account, and that the public provision, therefore, must be paid in 'other'.
- It can f.ex. be through a bank - and then it must of course be in a financial institution that is a cash machine with cash.
- Therefore, directs we are always citizens to the nearest branch office, we are knowledgeable about, that is not cashless.
- It is a conditions that we live in a society that is based on digital solutions, and we are therefore moving towards a cashless society.
- It means that citizens no longer can redeem a check in a Danish bank, and many bank branches are also not inside with the cash.
- Therefore, can there be commuting time for citizens in relation to only be paid the amount of cash in certain branches.
- I would like to finally point out that of course we always take decisions from Ankestyrelsens to note and adhere to them, writes Torben Christiansen, Labour and borgerservicechef in Assens Municipality, but what are you thinking?
Updated Date: 23 December 2019, 11:41