Frankfurt / Main (dpa / lhe) - A former youth coach of the third division football team SV Wehen Wiesbaden has been accused of sexual assault on underage boys. The 35-year-old is charged with rape, sexual assault using limited willpower or the ability to express oneself, sexual abuse of children, production of child and youth pornography content and dangerous bodily harm. This was announced by the Frankfurt public prosecutor on Thursday.
The man was arrested on December 9 last year. Since then he has been in custody, the prosecutor said. SV Wehen Wiesbaden said last December that it was a former youth coach who was released immediately after the allegations became known and then fired without notice.
According to the public prosecutor's office, the former coach is said to have contacted a ten-year-old and five 14- to 17-year-olds between October 9 and 26 last year using a false identity and pretending that there was no real threat. Under his real name, he then offered himself as a person of trust and helper and invited the minors to his apartment. There he drugged her with alcohol and chocolate drops mixed with sleeping pills and performed sexual acts on the victims who were unable to resist. He is said to have filmed the crimes with his mobile phone.
He has not yet commented on the allegations, the public prosecutor said. Because of the suspicion of similar acts in the past is still being investigated. According to the information, the investigation has been ongoing since June 2021. Negotiation dates have not yet been set.