Rostock (dpa/mv) - The trial against a 27-year-old German, who is said to have killed his parents and sister in Rövershagen near Rostock in February, will continue before the Rostock district court on Wednesday (9.30 a.m.). The charge is triple murder. It's the fourth day of negotiations.
The defendant's aunt, who lost her brother, sister-in-law and niece in the crime, testified last week. She had described the 27-year-old as quiet, calm and reserved. The man confessed to the crimes during police interrogations, but had his lawyer retract his statements at the start of the trial on November 15.
The accused is said to have brutally killed his father (52) and sister (25) and a few days later his mother (48) on February 7 of this year with a crossbow and a garden machete. He is said to have buried the bodies in self-made coffins on a lonely edge of a field. If found guilty, he faces a life sentence.