Shooting in Copenhagen: What do we know about the shooter? He is a 22-year old Danish boy.

Investigation into the murder at Copenhagen's shopping center was centered on Monday, July 4, on the mental state and premeditated suicide of the Danish suspect aged 22.

Shooting in Copenhagen: What do we know about the shooter? He is a 22-year old Danish boy.

Investigation into the murder at Copenhagen's shopping center was centered on Monday, July 4, on the mental state and premeditated suicide of the Danish suspect aged 22.

Monday at Copenhagen court, the alleged perpetrator of Sunday's attack was presented to a judge. He was dressed in a blue Tshirt and listened to the indictment on murders. The hearing ended behind closed doors to determine his detention. Copenhagen Police Chief Inspector Soren Thomsen stated that he is well-known to have a psychiatric past.

Three people were killed and four others seriously hurt in an attack with a rifle at the Fields shopping center. It is located between downtown Copenhagen, the airport, and Fields. This drama disrupted a celebration weekend in Scandinavia between the joy of the passage of Tour de France and the return to the Roskilde festival, which had been cancelled for two years due to Covid.

Senior police officer said that the identities of the three victims, which included a 47-year old man, a 17 year-old boy and another girl aged 17, and the injuries of people of different ages and genders, suggest that "these are chosen victims in the chance." According to the director of the investigation, there was no evidence that the attacker committed a terrorist act.

Police confirmed Monday morning that they will be reviewing authentic videos circulated on social media since Sunday night. The 22-year old suspect - whose identity has not been made public by Danish media – appears to be posing with weapons and mimicking suicide gestures using a gun and a rifle. He mentions that a powerful medication prescribed for psychiatry does not work and he is currently receiving treatment.

YouTube and Instagram accounts of the suspect were deleted overnight. However, videos continue to circulate on other accounts. Danish media reports that the videos were uploaded to the suspect's Instagram and YouTube accounts on Friday. Although it is too soon to speculate on the motive behind the attack, the police feel it was done in advance.

According to Danish police, the attacker was carrying a gun, a pistol, and a knife during the attack. The suspect didn't have a license to own these weapons. According to police, the arrest was made quickly at 5:50 p.m., just a quarter-hour after first reports of gunshots.

According to police, the suspect was interviewed and said that he was present at the scene of the shooting. They then conducted a series search overnight. Four of the four victims are still in serious condition after being shot and hurt. Two Danes, aged 19 and 40 respectively, and two Swedes (a man of 50 and a girl of 16 years) were among them. In the panic that followed the attack on the mall, several people sustained minor injuries.

Overnight, the Danish Prime Minister condemned a "cruel attack" as Denmark emerged from three days' of celebrations with the unprecedented passage at the Tour de France. Mette Frederiksen released a statement saying that "our beautiful, always safe capital was transformed in the space of one second."

Yorum yapabilmek için üye girişi yapmanız gerekmektedir.

Üye değilseniz hemen üye olun veya giriş yapın.

NEXT NEWS