Schlagsdorf (dpa/mv) - A fire in a family home in Schlagsdorf (Northwest Mecklenburg district) caused property damage of around 300,000 euros on Saturday. The family of four living in it was able to leave the building unharmed, but suffered a shock, the police said. The family dog was also able to save itself.
According to previous investigations, the double carport caught fire in the morning for reasons that have not yet been clarified. The fire then spread to the attic of the home. The fire brigade was able to prevent the flames from spreading to other buildings.
The detached house is uninhabitable because of the fire and the consequences of the extinguishing water. The public prosecutor's office in Schwerin ordered the use of a fire investigator.