Though the traditional classroom coaching for IAS has been the usual norm for preparing for the IAS Exam, the number of the candidates opting for the online IAS coaching has been on the rise. The reasons behind why online IAS coaching has been gaining ground and rising in popularity can and do vary from one candidate to another.
Why opt for the online IAS coaching?
A great number of the IAS aspirants find themselves unable to opt for the traditional IAS classroom coaching. Many IAS aspirants do not find it feasible to rush to Delhi from their native towns. And there are many who do not find it financially viable to give up their full time job in order to attend the traditional classroom coaching in an IAS coaching institution. And there are many housewives who cannot leave their home every day in order to attend classes in an IAS coaching institution. And there are many who do not have any of these circumstances troubling them. Yet, they cannot join a traditional IAS coaching institution simply because they find themselves unable to pay the hefty amount of the fee. And the online IAS coaching does prove to be more cost effective.
Tips to choose Online IAS Coaching
Though the reasons for opting for the online IAS coaching vary from one candidate to another, it’s advisable to follow the following tips in order to choose the best online IAS coaching.
1. Videos: It’s advisable to join the online IAS coaching that updates the video classes regularly. Besides, it should be seen that the online video classes take care of the changes in the UPSC syllabus and all the changing trends and patterns of the Exam.
2. Experienced faculty: It should not be taken for granted that the faculty members teaching online should not only be great experts of their subjects, but also well experienced so that they may teach properly. Besides, if the faculty members are well experienced, they are likely to opt for all the teaching strategies required to equip the students to crack the Civil Services Exam with much greater ease.
3. Miscellaneous online resources other than the videos: Apart from the videos, it’s advisable to use the online resources such as the lecture sessions at the YouTube.
4. Online Test Series: The Test Series play a decisive role in helping the students face the IAS Exam with greater confidence and ease. They get to know the UPSC Exam pattern, that is to say, if the online Test Series are competent and aptly based on the Civil Services Exam Pattern.
5. Current Affairs: The online IAS coaching institution should be able to equip you well with the knowledge of the current affairs in a suitable manner. Besides, the content pertaining to the recent developments in the current affairs should also be taken care of.
6. Fee: Though, the online IAS coaching institutions charge very economically as compared with the traditional IAS coaching classes, it’s best to focus on the quality of the education rather than the fee charged. However, in most of the cases, the online IAS coaching institutions do not charge as much as the traditional IAS coaching classes. But, again, your focus should be on choosing the online IAS coaching that should be the force behind making you an Exam cracker rather than transforming you into a fee saver.
7. Answer writing practice: Do not forget that UPSC is going to evaluate you as a future administrator based on how you answer specifically during the Mains. Thus, it’s wiser to choose the online IAS coaching that provides the required answer writing practice as suitable to cultivate the answer writing skills as and when required.
8. Course material: As you have chosen to study online, the online course material should be outstandingly competent so that you do not lag behind the competition when it actually comes to facing the IAS Exam. The course material should not only cater to all the requirements of the UPSC syllabus, but should also be suitably updated.
9. Query solving: Though studying online, you would require the required guidance and even mentorship from the faculty members for getting all your queries solved and be guided in a suitable manner. So, you should make sure that the online IAS coaching institution you have opted for provides a provision for the same.10. Customer support: It’s best to look for an online IAS coaching that provides you with the required support even after your course is complete. That is to say, till you appear in the Exam, the online coaching institution should guide you as required. Updated Date: 08 Kasım 2019, 08:47