Bantin (dpa/mv) - Shortly after the start of this year's grain mowing, there was probably the first harvest fire in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania. As a police spokesman said, a straw press near Bantin in the Ludwigslust-Parchim district burned down on Thursday. The damage was estimated at around 100,000 euros.
The fire probably started as a result of sparks from stones. The machine was just baling straw and passed close to a forest. The tractor driver managed to pull the burning machine onto the field, and the dry stubble also caught fire. Firefighters extinguished the flames and prevented them from spreading to the forest. According to the information, no one was injured.